Evaporative cooler maintenance can keep your air coolers perfect even if you were using it for 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. The evaporative coolers need a major cleaning every season and also routine maintenance regularly during the entire cooling season.
The air cooler needs regular maintenance in places with hot climates because constant working of the air coolers leads to building up of unwanted sediments and minerals. You should replace the pads at least twice during the entire cooling season or as frequent as once a month during its time of constant operation.
Correct evaporative cooler maintenance will make the coolers last longer and work more efficiently. To maintain the air cooler perfectly, you should clean and disinfect the cooler in every six months. To ensure good flow of air into the room, you should prevent the build-up of sediments, fungus and algae inside the air cooler by using water softeners. Make sure that you specially clean the filter pads and the basin present inside the air coolers. There are windblown dust and pollens that get accumulated in the basin, creating sludge and blocking the pumps, water distribution system and the filter pads. So the interiors of the air cooler should be cleaned at regular intervals.
Maintenance Tips Before Summer and After Summer
Evaporative cooler maintenance should be conducted regularly to keep the cooler disinfected and clean. Since air coolers are the major instruments to distribute air in a surrounding, and people will always be breathing that air, so it is very important that the air should be fresh and clean. The air can be fresh only when there is regular maintenance of the air cooler.
During summer, following are the ways:
* Remove all external weatherproof covers
* Remove the filer pads and clean them thoroughly with a water hose
* Clean all the waterways thoroughly including the sump and bleed-off systems
* Refit the filter pads, close the drain valves and open water inlet valves to allow the units to fill them with fresh water
Immediately after summer, clean the air coolers in the following ways:
* Disconnect all powers to the unit
* Take out all the sediments and slimes from the basin with a brush
* Let all the dirty water flow out from the tanks and pipes
* Clean the basin and water pump guards with a cloth soaked in diluted household disinfectants
* Dry the internal parts of the air cooler by running the fan
* Fit waterproof covers to external units
Easy Guidelines For Maintaining The Coolers
Evaporative cooler maintenance is not a difficult task and can be completed within very less time with minimum of assistance from external sources.
Following are some instant cooler maintenance tips:
* Shut off the power and water supply before you start to clean your air cooler
* Install new media pads at least twice during the entire season to prevent unnecessary clogging of dust, pollen, mildew and minerals from evaporated waters
* Remove the cooler drain tube in the reservoir pan and cleanse out all elements like silt, dissolved salt, stored dirty water, old pad fibers with nylon brushes and plastic scrapers.
* Check to see that the V-belt is not cracked.
* Rotate the motor and the blower wheels to check the correct working of the air cooler. Replace the wheels in case of any damages
* In case the water is not flowing smoothly through the side panels then clear the blockage by placing a flexible wire into the tube-end orifice.
So maintain your air cooler following the above-mentioned guidelines to enjoy fresh and healthy air.